Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Bars, Beauty & Style: Fashion101: Ms. Pak

       The Baltimore rap scene is expanding at a rapid speed and The Baltimore girls have stepped on the Queen of The Ring scene  to show they aren't to be messed with. One fourth of the crew, the youngster, Ms. Pak might be small but she packs a mean punch and she displayed t that in her come back battle against Philly rival Zan. Not only is she slick and swift with the words, she has a mean Style and a crazy shoe game to match her flow! 



Bars, Beauty & Style: Tell me something about yourself and your style?

Ms. Pak: I don't have one particular style. My style consists of what ever is comfortable, or what looks nice to me. I'm kind of an aggressive fem, but not to the point where i dress like a guy. I absolutely hate skirts, but Ill wear a nice tight fitting dress. I like jeans and sneakers and I love makeup!
Bars, Beauty & Style: What does fashion mean to you?
Ms. Pak: Fashion defines a person. Fashion defines mood. Fashion is personality. You can look at a person, and the way they dress, and describe their attitude in some sort. Like Tori, she's always swagged out, and that's her personality. And definitely, to some degree, you can tell where a person is from based on the way they dress..In my opinion, NY people tend to wear sneakers a lot kinda tomboyish. The Philly chicks wear a lot of colors. The B More chicks are more dressy.
Bars, Beauty & Style: How would you describe your style?
Ms. Pak: Like I said before, my style is more of whats comfortable to me, but lately my style has been kinda on the Aaliyah side. I'm not used to wearing black hair, I usually wear Red/Blonde/Brown, so I tried something different in my Zan battle.
Bars, Beauty & Style: In your previous battles, you typically dressed down but in your come back battled you decided to get dolled up. Was there a reason behind the look adjustment?
Ms. Pak: Everyone on Worldstar (.com) is the reason i switched. After my battle with Couture i decided that not only would i change my flow, delivery, and confidence levels, but id also change my style. I wanted to come back as a new person in a whole.
Bars, Beauty & Style: In the industry, looks tend to overshadow a woman's work ethic and skill, in your previous battles did you not get all glamorous because you felt it would take away from what you were doing?
Ms. Pak: No, because even when I didn't dress up, people were still falling all over me. (laughs). It never had to do with what I wore.
Bars, Beauty & Style: Your boyfriend, Pakman, whose also into battle rap is always with you at events, how does he feel about your sense of style? Does he enjoy you dressing up or down?
Ms. Pak: The black hair was his idea. I told him to suggest a color and he said black because one time I had a black bang bob, and he loved it. When it comes to style, hes very lenient. Contrary to belief, he doesn't want me to be all covered up because he's "Paki", he wants me to look nice. But he hates the makeup idea, so he only likes when I wear it for "special occasions" like my battles or when we go out.
Bars, Beauty & Style: What are some of your favorite places to shop?
Ms. Pak: Online. I shop online a lot because I hate having stuff that other people have. I like Bakers, Aldo, and any place in Soho. I try not to shop in B More  cause a lot of people dress in the same things down here.
Bars, Beauty & Style: Are you into following fashion trends?
Ms. Pak: No, but if i see something i like, I may say, "Hey, where'd you get that from?" Or I may take the idea and put it in my own way.
Bars, Beauty & Style: Who's style in QOTR do you admire the most and why?
Ms. Pak: Tori Doe, the Jada (outfit) from Panic Room Sparring Session, and Shooney.
Bars, Beauty & Style: Does your style and wardrobe play a part in your battling?
Ms. Pak: My outfit for my battles is based on the content of my bars. For my Juice battle I wore tennis cause I had alot of fighting bars. For my Tune battle I had white pants on because alot of my bars had to do with "racial slurs" (im far from racist tho, im a mut) and blood. For my Couture battle not so much. But for my Zan battle, it was a new look.
Bars, Beauty & Style: Any last comments regarding your next battle or where to find you on social sites, etc?
Ms. Pak: I am currently working with a local producer on my mixtape. It was supposed to drop months ago, but we trashed it because we switched directions with it. My next battle is....well yall know. You can find me @BMoreMsPak on everything.
Interview: @TaneaMonique, Melissa J. and Rzilla (Image)




Contact Ms. Pak
 

2 comments:

  1. All the pictures are looking cool ... Thanks for sharing this :)

    btw also visit this blog : Fashion Junction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome.... The pictures are amazong.. Looking stylish and pretty...

    Also check my fashion blog Fashion Guru

    ReplyDelete